Friday, September 03, 2004

As much as I enjoy writing in this blog, I don't know if I have time for it anymore with school and swimming. Also, I feel like I'm taking myself too seriously. I mean, it's a good way to vent how I feel and keep track of current events, but I can't really do that too well anymore with school taking all my time. Besides, there are plenty of other places to get news and such.

Plus, I'm getting a bit fed up with internet blogs in general. As nice as it is to have people expressing themselves, I can't help but feel like it's a bunch of people competing for popularity. Plus, not many people read a lot of them, anyways. A few of my friends enjoy reading this stuff, and I guess total strangers come across it, but I don't feel like my stuff reaches a wide enough audience to justify all the time that goes into it.

On a side note, I'll still be contributing every now and then, but it won't be the same, at least for a while. I'll finish this later. I need sleep.

6 Comments:

Blogger keith said...

Blogs do seem very random and some don't seem to attract very much attention. So how can a medium like this bring about any decent change? It's always the meager boring day to day stuff that brings about real change. The randomness of blogs is definately a plus because it keeps them hard to infiltrate and exploit. Also the manner in which people express themselves in this type of forum can become increasingly complex and may not seem very rational. I think we are conditioned by public education and the media to expect dramatic results and increasing fulfillment. It's definately on par with anarchism that individuals, although having complete freedom of expression, will have very limited power of influence.

2:42 AM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Z said...

not only do you need sleep, you need to relax. you have to put it out in there sometimes to see what comes back. you can take back, of course. know what i mean?

11:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home